VAALCO Gabon is committed to excellence in the areas of health, safety and environment (HSE). Meeting this commitment is a responsibility shared by everyone, including contractors and third parties, and is a prerequisite of VAALCO Gabon. High standards of HSE performance will be directed by the following principles:
- Commitment: All Company employees will be expected to demonstrate strong commitment to high standards of HSE performance.
- Trust: The Company will conduct its operations in a manner of building trust on HSE issues with its employees, government, and the public.
- Accident Prevention: The Company’s goal of no accidents, injuries, unsafe work practices, or unsafe conditions will also be the goal of all employees.
- Emissions/Releases: Reduction and prevention of waste and emissions/releases will be among the objectives of all operations.
- Emergency Preparedness: Emergency preparedness is a vital function and is the responsibility of management and supervision at all levels.
- Compliance: The Company will comply with all applicable environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations.
- Training/Education: The Company will proactively assure that employees are adequately trained and educated on HSE issues.
- Measurement of Performance: HSE performance will be measured and communicated company-wide. Compliance reviews and audits will be periodically conducted.
- Effectiveness of HSE: The Company’s intent is to achieve continual improvement in the effectiveness of its health, environment, and safety efforts.
Please see attached Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies.